Monday, September 25, 2006

Week-end to dye for

I got out my dye pot this week-end and painted a few skeins of wool. Two of these were autumn inspired. The first combines glorious golden yellows, oranges, reds, browns and greens in a fairly straightforward colourway.
The next colourway adds purple to the mix along with darker softer hues. Freeform painting and overdyeing produced a multi-layered colourway that is softly blended and variegated.
And last but not least, my personal favorite. Two bulky skeins of a wool and alpaca blend were dyed soft and soothing shades of blues and greens. This yarn is so soft and light and the colors so calming and pleasing, I just want to hug it.
p.s. These yarns are for sale.

Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those .... are stunning.

Beautiful beautiful job.

I imagine they would be enchanting to knit with. I personally would get so caught up in watching the colors form.

Anonymous said...

Thanks AJ!!!

Your compliments made my day!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com