Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ball of Fluff


At the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, I got a free cd spindle from the folks at the Interweave Press booth and learned how to spin with it. I bought a small bag of wool/mohair from a vendor and have started to play around with it at home. Well, a few evenings and many hours later, I'm still at it. It's amazing how a little bag of batting can be so absorbing. I wasn't sure how much yarn the bag would make, so after it seemed like about half the batting was used, I broke off the yarn so that I could start a new ball of thinner yarn to twist it with. There's a lot to think about, number of plys, thickness, what colors I want to dye, do I dye before or after. I guess if I really knew what I was doing I would use pre-dyed stuff. It's kinda hard to imagine that I could get so much satisfaction from this little ball of fluff.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com